Sun City Hotel sunimagesdownload001168.jpg sunimagesdownload001172.jpg sunimagesdownload001175.jpg sunimagesdownload001199.jpg sunimagesdownload001205.jpg sunimagesdownload001206.jpg sunimagesdownload001207.jpg sunimagesdownload001208.jpg sunimagesdownload001214.jpg sunimagesdownload001217.jpg sunimagesdownload001220.jpg
Sun City Hotel
The Soho Hotel lies at the heart of Sun City, adjacent to the legendary Gary Player Golf Course. This striking tribute to hedonism was the first Hotel to be built on the grounds of the internationally renowned Pilanesberg-based resort. The Soho’s bold extravagance is evident from the moment you enter the lobby which is alive with lush foliage, enchanting water features, faux rock designs, and the buzz of slot machines. The four-star Soho Hotel has various accommodation options, from luxury twin rooms to superior luxury family rooms, from delightful ground-floor luxury suites to a decadent presidential suite. Wheelchair accessible rooms are also available. All the rooms and suites offer panoramic views of the expansive subtropical gardens out across to the pristine Waterworld Lake. Free Wi-Fi and a buffet breakfast spread are included in the Hotel’s rates. The Soho Hotel is the ideal vacation destination to trade the stress and strain of daily life for a slice of sheer indulgence. Enjoy a mini-safari experience with a day trip to the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, world-famous for its diversity of bird- and wildlife, including the Big 5. Immerse yourself in the glamour and glitz of Sun City’s pulsing nightlife. Or raise the stakes in one of the resort’s many casinos. Treat your taste buds to the exotic flavours of traditional Asian fare in the Orchid Restaurant. Pay homage to the “local is lekker” * vibe with a visit to the Calabash Restaurant which specialises in mouth-watering South African cuisine. Succumb to the allure of the sparkling pool where you can laze away another perfect afternoon in the company of a long, cool cocktail.
*literally means “local is lovely”
Sun City lies within the greater Pilanesberg area just one-and-a-half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and is ideally positioned for easy access to Pilanesberg National Park, a certified malaria-free game area.
|Sun International work on dynamic pricing and offer “best available rates” or BAR rates. |
If you would like a quotation click on the Enquire/Book now button below and we will forward an accurate quotation.
Experience the legendary glitz and glamour of the Sun City Casino. Opened in 1979, Sun City Casino has evolved with the times and the latest technology and popular games combine in a spectacle of round-the-clock thrills for both experienced and first-time gamers. Recently refurbished, the Sun City Casino features hundreds of exciting slot machines and over 40 popular table games. And if you’re a Sun MVG cardholders, you enjoy even more benefits, including exclusive access to the Salon Privé and VIP gaming.
Cash desk facilities and ATMs are available at the Sun City Casino and the Bureau de Change accepts all major currencies. However, please note that a passport is required for any foreign exchange transactions.
A Restaurant that has created an array of beautifully prepared dishes to tantalize your taste buds.Booking is essential
The Orchid features a menu, offering a range of authentically prepared dishes, flavours and textures from many Asian countries.Dress: Casual, Booking: Essential
The Calabash offers traditional South African fare, featuring freshly-prepared salads, a South African cold table, succulent roasts and casseroles, not forgetting our sweet sensations. Seven days a week. Dress: Casual, Capacity: 132 people, Booking: Essential
The ideal breakfast and lunch venue, in tranquil surroundings. Extensive lunch buffet featuring specialty counters from around the globe. Open seven days a week. Dress: Casual, Capacity: 380 people
Intimate, warm and stylish Café, serving wholesome breakfast.
The Raj Restaurant
The Raj is a Halaal restaurant offering an experience of all flavours, spices and aromas of the finest traditional Indian Cuisine. Open daily for lunch from 11h00 to 15h00 and dinner from 18h00 to 22h00.
Harlequins Cocktail Bar
Located in the Casino. This exciting bar features a great selection of traditional cocktails and shooters, and is ideal for pre-dinner drinks. Open daily. Dress: Smart casual
Located adjacent to the Slots Floor. Hours: 24 hours
At the very centre of the casino, this bar features a great selection of drinks served with speed and style. Open daily.
An informal, poolside bar, open daily. Swim up and order a drink from the “wet bar”. The pool grill is open on Saturdays and Sundays and daily during season.
From: O.R. Tambo International Airport (160km @ 2 hr)
- Head south, 650m.
- Take the 2nd right, 350m.
- Take the ramp to Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21, 220m.
- Keep left at the fork to continue toward Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21 and merge onto Albertina Sisulu Fwy/R21, 600m.
- Take the exit onto R21, 36.2km.
- Take exit 134 to merge onto Danie Joubert Fwy/N1 toward Polokwane Partial toll road, 22.5km.
- Slight left at Platinum Hwy/N4 (signs for Rustenburg), 63.7km.
- Take the exit toward R556, 550m.
- Turn right at R556 (signs for Bapong), 79.9km.
- Turn right Entering toll zone in 3km, 4.1km.
- Turn right Leaving toll zone in 2.7km.
- Go through 2 roundabouts, 3.2km.
Throughout the world, gaming has become a fashionable and acceptable form of entertainment. This article serves to guide you through some of the basic rules and etiquette of Sun City's table gaming facilities. The Soho Casino situated in the Soho Hotel, is open 365 days of the year. The tables open for play at 13h00 (midweek) and 11h00 (weekends) until close in the early hours of the following morning.You may try your luck at, American Roulette, Blackjack, Stud Poker and Punto Banco. The concepts behind these games are very simple and once grasped open up new dimensions of excitement and entertainment. For the first time visitor the casino floor can look quite bewildering, the continuous hustle and bustle of players making their bets. The shouts of joy and disbelief when the roulette ball lands on the winning number. The steady swish of the blackjack cards coming out of the shoe and the general vibe of excitement and anticipation, presents a vista of organised chaos. But you can't help thinking: "Wow", where do I start and how can I get involved?
There is something for everyone!
Child Care | Activities
| || |
The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, is situated on the first level of the hotel.
Conferences | Meetings
Gary Player Restaurant and Terrace
|A smaller boma in the game park, which can accommodate up to 200 people.||This venue can be privatized for cocktail and dinner after the golfers have left.|
Sun City Hotel Pool Deck
|A perfect venue for a cocktail function.||This venue can accommodate up 500 people for a cocktail function and up to 250 people for buffet function.|
Sun Terrace Restaurant
Sun City Theatre
|The restaurant can be privatized for dinner, however the venue is available under the roof for maximum 380 people, and total 600 people for cocktail.||The Sun City Theatre has wooden levels with seating capacity of 250 people for shows and seating capacity of 400 people for conferencing. Conferencing seating will consist of 2 rows of banqueting chairs on each level with tables removed.|
The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, boasts a fresh, new modern look with all the latest trimmings. Situated on the first level of the Sun City Hotel, the Letsatsi Centre which can seat up to 160 delegates, features venues named after the various animals roaming the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Game Park i.e Nkwe – the Leopard; Tau – the Lion; Tlou – the Elephant; Tshukudu – the Rhino; Nare – the Buffalo; Kubu – the Hippopotamus and Thutlwa – the Giraffe. Each venue can be customised to individual clients’ set up instructions and requirements
|Sun City Resort is set in the stark ruggedness of the North West Region of South Africa, and is surrounded by mountains and the untamed majesty of the African bushveld. It is a wedge-shot away from the Pilanesberg National Park, where elephants, rhinos, lions and antelope roam freely.|| |
- Rates are quoted per room, per night, inclusive of the following:
- Full English Breakfast
- VAT at 15% (subject to change)
- 1% Tourism Levy applicable on the accommodation portion of the rate
- Complimentary entry into the Valley of waves and shuttle services within the resort.
CHILDREN’S POLICY - FAMILY ROOMS
- 2 Adults and 2 Children 17 years and under, on a sleeper Couch, including Breakfast for a maximum of 2 Children.
- 1 Adult and 2 Children 17 years and under, on a sleeper couch, will be charged the single room rate including Breakfast for a maximum of 2 Children.
- 1 Adult with 3 Children will be charged the Double room rate including Breakfast for Children.
- The ages of the children as at the date of check-in at the Hotel i.e. a child 17 years, 11 months will fall in the category “17 years
CHILDREN’S BUFFET MEALS
- 0 – 2 years - No charge
- 3 – 12 years - 50% of adult rate
- 13 years + Full Adult rate
- If the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- A 10% admin fee will be retained for cancellations made after the card has been charged.
- For all bookings made within 30 days of travel
- Full payment Is required within 48 hours of your booking. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
- For all bookings made more than 30 days of travel
- A 50% deposit Is required within 48 hours of your booking and the balance 30 days prior to arrival. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).